This introductory course is for business executives, international contracting specialists, contract managers and administrators, program and project managers, marketing professionals, engineers and other technical personnel, newly appointed export compliance officers, logistics personnel, and legal and financial advisors.
What you will learn:
A fundamental overview of the U.S. International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This course will help you understand the U.S. laws and Federal agencies that regulate the export of hardware and technology from the U.S. Attendees will gain an understanding of how these regulations impact your ability to do business in the international marketplace.
Some of the topics covered include:
- Interpreting the U.S. Munitions List
- Export Licensing Requirements
- Internal Compliance Programs
- How to understand and work with the Regulations
- How to self-classify your hardware/technology
- How to draft a Commodity Jurisdiction Request
- How to register your company with the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- How to apply for an export license
- How to recognize "exports" of technical data under the ITAR (including the Deemed Export Rule)
When: October 25, 2017
Where: Las Vegas