Get it right – right from the startup
Emerging businesses and technology companies need to get it right – right from the startup – and protect their investment, intellectual property and assets with a capable team of business advisors. The lawyers in Barnes & Thornburg LLP's Entrepreneurial and Emerging Companies Practice Group can help up-and-coming businesses – from the start.
Our skilled attorneys advise business startups and emerging businesses on innovative growth strategies, focusing on protection of intellectual property, funding at all stages, and attracting and retaining talented employees. We provide knowledgeable counsel on venture capital, angel investors, other seed capital and early-stage business capital sources, and public offerings.
Once you gain traction, we can help you get to the next level. We have been involved in numerous high-profile success stories, including IPOs, in various industries – retail, technology, financial services, health care and biomedical. Clients think of us as a natural choice to represent aggressive businesses with rapid growth objectives.
The attorneys in our Entrepreneurial and Emerging Companies group understand what emerging companies need, right from the startup.
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
- Computer and software protection
- Internet business and technologies
- Internet terms and conditions
- Biotech and life sciences
- Advanced manufacturing
- Venture capital and public offerings
- Options and equity compensation
- Labor and employment issues
- Strategic alliances and business combinations
- Selecting and establishing an organizational structure
- Tax planning