Barnes & Thornburg represents numerous companies on the leading edge of e-commerce, online media, content provision, and other diverse digital and Internet services.
Our attorneys represent and advise several of the world’s most successful and well known online service providers. We have the knowledge, skills, and experience to provide the most current and comprehensive advice in one of the most diverse and quickly evolving areas of the law. Our understanding of the relevant law allows us to not only protect our clients, but also help us find workable solutions that keep our clients ahead of the competition.
From start-ups to Fortune 500 companies, we understand the importance of our clients’ online assets and Internet business presence. We regularly counsel our clients regarding issues such as:
- Privacy, security, and data collection regulations
- Digital advertising, marketing and promotion, including keyword advertising, search engine optimization, and behavioral marketing
- User-generated content and social media
- International online brand protection
- Trademark and copyright use, licensing, and infringement
- Reputation management and defamation
- Domain name acquisition and protection, including domain name purchases, UDRP, ACPA, and similar domain name proceedings
- DMCA and copyright counseling and enforcement
- Technology, content licensing, and other online service agreements
- Internet fraud, diversion, phishing, hacking, and online theft
- Website and ASP policies and agreements