Over the years, our attorneys have provided strategic advice and counsel to a wide range of U.S. and international clients in the multifaceted film and television arenas. Our entertainment finance attorneys have significant experience advising on matters related to lending and other finance procedures in the film and television arenas.
Some of our representative work includes:
- Advising clients such as venture and production funds, independent producers, distributors and completion guarantors on a multitude of areas related to film and television finance, including tax-advantaged financing, subsidies and co-production agreements, co-financings, output agreements and the acquisition and disposition of film and media content
- Advising clients with respect to rights and other issues arising under the various guild and union agreements, including arbitrating claims involving separation of rights and director cutting rights
- Talent and services agreements for actors and on-screen talent in connection with film, television, and new media projects, including in both scripted and unscripted productions
- Sponsorship and endorsement deals on behalf of film stars, television personalities or the corporate sponsors
- Negotiating on behalf of and representation of producers, directors, screenwriters, composers, financial institutions and private equity groups in connection with their participation and endeavors in the film and television industry. On behalf of these clients, our work includes drafting and negotiating producer, attachment, and life rights agreements, and complex, multi-platform finance, distribution and licensing agreements
- Complex projects involving the clearance of multiparty rights in connection with the exploitation of intellectual property in film and television